About Me

Lieba Bettencourt Holistic Therapist

Updated 07/01/2023

 

 I have been a therapist coming up to 22 years now.

I love what I do with so much I cannot remember doing anything else

 I came to London in 2001 looking for a fresh start. I wasn’t too sure what to do next or what I was good at.

I have to admit I was a serious girlie girl - Make-up all prim and proper, well-groomed nails, hair perfectly styled - so when my mother suggested I go work in a Beauty Salon - well it seems like a good idea and I had no clue about Beauty Therapy at all - so I gave it a try.

 I started working in a small Beauty Salon in St. Johns Wood, London as a receptionist to just get a feel for the whole thing.

The owner showed me a couple of basic treatments, sent me on a couple of basic courses -  Manicure and Pedicure (I was absolutely awful), Darphin Facial and Body, St. Tropez fake tanning to name a few 

I started to realise that I don’t actually have enough knowledge to know what I was doing properly or safely.

So after a couple of months of procrastinating and worrying about that at 25 I was too old to go back to college -  and when I finally went to college - Funny thing - I was the youngest in the Holistic Massage course….LOL

I loved it so much and could not get enough that I landed up studying for about 5 more years.

I did my ITEC Holistic Massage, VTCT levels II &III in Beauty Therapy, Reflexology and other courses along the way including Aromatherapy.

 I am really lucky that I have found something that I not only love truly, but am blessed with. 

  In 2008 when the markets crashed in the UK we moved to the lovely amazing little island of Cyprus., we couldn’t get any work in the UK and my sister in law lives there – we didn’t have any kids – so why not - Sun, Sea who could ask for more?

 I worked in a few hotels but eventually decided to work from home.

 To anyone who has ever been to Cyprus they will tell you that the healing energy and vibe of the Island is amazing. which helped me reconnect with mother nature and inspired me to go back to nature and natural products and disciplines - which I think is what started my journey of making my own natural home made products.

 And although I learnt Reiki I & II there and even today I love work and with crystals and I believe in their healing abilities, I have come to realise that I am not that kind of healer but more of a physical body healer.

     This was my first ever Beeswax cream that I made                                                                                               

   

 

My brother-in-law owns a village in Cyprus and he knew I was starting to work with Beeswax - so one day he gave me this MASSIVE slab of pure natural Beeswax which lasted me for ages. 

And obviously helped fuel my love of making my own products. 

 A fellow therapist I met in Cyprus and friend of mine had a very bad case of a skin reaction to Nail Polish remover - she was told it was Dermatitis and was given steroids / harsher cream (which actually made her hands worse), 

I gave her some of the Beeswax cream and when she applied the cream within a few days here skin was much better and it cleared it up within two days. - I was seriously blown away - who knew that was the beginning. 

From then on I have always made my own natural products for treatments and clients.

In 2013 we moved back to the UK and I started working from home again. 

In 2017 I had my son and I did not want to use harsh chemicals on his delicate skin. So I made a cream specifically for my son.

One day I met a friend who had burnt her skin when she was cooking and I gave here the cream – and like my friend in Cyprus she said that within a week her burn had completely healed and she persuaded me to sell my creams commercially.

With encouragement from my husband who is my biggest supporter and fan I started my new journey of making my natural home made creams

 

 

 

 

 

Comments